Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Country Club Living is very committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our staff and our residents. Currently there are a range of precautions being taken by business and organisations in addition to mandated restrictions imposed by the state and federal governments to limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), which is an unprecedented global health challenge and poses particular risk to our residents’ age group due to more severe symptoms and outcomes.
Because of the extra support that is available and supply of relevant information and resources by management, our country clubs are a safer place to live at any time, and particularly at this current unusual time of impact on our regular lifestyles.
Our community facilities are currently closed to the use of residents as a precaution against spread of the virus and as a requirement of current government restrictions in Victoria. Whilst within the village we are requiring all residents to adhere to distancing requirements and wear face masks (other than within their own homes). All staff and village visitors must observe the same at any time whilst within the village. This is for the protection of residents and staff and to assist in halting the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
Our sales staff are currently conducting inspections with groups of no more than ten visitors and are strictly following physical distancing guidelines.
As part of the measures during this time of heightened risk, Country Club Living staff are asking all potential visitors to the village about their risk of exposure to the virus prior to visiting the village. Based on information from health authorities, the main areas of caution being focussed on regarding potential exposure are encompassed in the following questions:
- Are you currently undertaking or required to undertake a 14 day self-quarantine for any reason?
- Has anyone you have been in close contact with arrived from overseas in the last 14 days?
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have an acute respiratory infection (eg. shortness of breath or cough), with or without fever?
- Do you have any other symptoms commonly known to be associated with Covid-19?
- Have you had known contact with someone who’s had a confirmed case of coronavirus in the last 14 days?
Please do not be offended that if any of the above conditions apply to you, but as a precaution, we require you to postpone your visit to the village until your risk period has concluded. Certainly we can discuss any of your questions about the village via phone and be contacted on 1800 458 064. We are also offering virtual tours if you are unable to or prefer not to visit the village at present.
We expect that many visitors will not be impacted upon by the precautions and will be able to meet with one of our sales staff. However, for all visitors, even if none of the above conditions exist, we ask that you observe the following requirements during your viewing of the village:
- Be wearing a mask for the entire visit to the village.
- Submit to a touch free temperature check upon arrival.
- Sanitise hands upon entering the sales office area.
- Do not offer to shake hands with anyone, including our sales staff.
- Maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres from any village staff, other visitors or residents.
- Cover your mouth with the inside of a slightly bent elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Do not unnecessarily touch any door handles or other surfaces.
We would also prefer that you call ahead to discuss a time for a visit.
As part of our approach we continue to monitor daily updates from various health authorities and update our approach and policies accordingly.
Further information about Covid-19 and associated government imposed restrictions can be obtained from https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus or https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus